New Suite of Features Improve Network Resiliency, Accelerate Deployment Times, Enhance Quality of Service, and Advance Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Capabilities
ALISO VIEJO and SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 12, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, QLogic® announced StorFusion™, a new suite of features available with the new QLogic Enhanced Gen 5 (16Gb) Fibre Channel Adapters, also announced today. StorFusion, which leverages the Brocade® Fabric Vision™ technology, is designed to streamline provisioning, add resiliency and improve management visibility, addressing the needs of IT organizations that require increased reliability, integrated management and guaranteed network performance. Together, QLogic and Brocade are delivering a full suite of diagnostics, rapid provisioning, and guaranteed performance service-level agreements (SLAs) throughout the fabric. The combined solution provides:
- Improved Total Cost of Ownership and Reliability – The advanced diagnostics and monitoring suite combines QLogic Enhanced Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters with Brocade Gen 5 Fibre Channel switches to enable:
- Improved Link Diagnostics – Support for Brocade ClearLink™ (D_Port) allows IT administrators to quickly run automated connectivity diagnostic tests in a single step. This feature rapidly identifies optics or cable problems, significantly reducing fabric deployment time and helping to ensure reliable connections.
- Faster Troubleshooting of Failing Components – Saving additional time and resources, the Read Diagnostic Parameters (RDP) feature obtains statistics remotely, accessing diagnostic information from anywhere in the fabric, easily identifying the source of network and media errors.
- Simplified Cable Identification and Management – Link Cable Beacon (LCB) technology enables light-emitting diode (LED) beaconing for ports on both ends of a physical link, simplifying cable identification and management with visual indication, particularly in large storage environments.
- Improved Resiliency and Performance – Forward Error Correction (FEC) improves performance and link integrity, supporting higher end-to-end data rates by automatically detecting and correcting link errors.
- Enhanced Configuration Management and Performance – Fibre Channel Ping (FC Ping), Fibre Channel Trace Route (FC Trace Route) and Fabric Device Management Interface (FDMI) streamline configuration and management, while improving performance.
- Rapid Deployment and Orchestration – Automating and simplifying storage area network (SAN) deployment and management tasks by using software-defined dynamic fabric provisioning via fabric assigned port worldwide name (FA-WWN) and fabric-based boot LUN discovery (F-BLD), StorFusion allows IT administrators to pre-provision SAN fabrics, eliminating the repetitive manual process and ensuring that new servers boot directly to the operating system. These features allow the data center to scale without compromising SLAs and can reduce the number of steps required to deploy servers by up to 30 percent, saving organizations a significant amount of time and effort, up to 75 percent in large server deployments.1
- Performance SLA Enforcement in Multi-tenant and Virtualized Data Centers – StorFusion allows multiple virtual ports to share a single physical port, while maintaining minimum performance per virtual port and its related virtual machine (VM) all the way through the fabric using a frame based prioritization mechanism.2
“Mission-critical, private cloud and flash-accelerated workloads demand the utmost in performance, QoS and infrastructure reliability,” said Vikram Karvat, vice president of products, marketing and planning, QLogic. “The new QLogic StorFusion suite allows IT administrations to increase operational simplicity, understand their connectivity, even in complex virtual environments, and address network errors before they impact business operations.”
“Our collaboration with QLogic is changing the Fibre Channel industry landscape and solving customer challenges around the deployment of servers, storage, and networking,” said Jack Rondoni, vice president of storage networking, Brocade. “The integration of Brocade and QLogic technology extends Fabric Vision features end-to-end to accelerate server deployments, maximize application performance, and improve infrastructure reliability. Our mutual customers will benefit from increased infrastructure efficiency, reduced OpEx and simplified management.”
The new QLogic Enhanced Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters with StorFusion technology will begin shipping this month.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic – the Ultimate in Performance
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance server and storage networking connectivity products. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic for their server and storage networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com.
Disclaimer – Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements relating to future results of the company (including certain beliefs and projections regarding business and market trends) that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in the forward-looking statements. The company advises readers that these potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: potential fluctuations in operating results; gross margins that may vary over time; unfavorable economic conditions; the stock price of the company may be volatile; the company's dependence on the networking markets served; the company's ability to compete effectively with other companies; the company's dependence on a small number of customers; the ability to maintain and gain market or industry acceptance of the company's products; the company's dependence on sole source and limited source suppliers; the company's dependence on relationships with certain third-party subcontractors and contract manufacturers; uncertain benefits from strategic business combinations, acquisitions and divestitures; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; the complexity of the company's products; declining average unit sales prices of comparable products; sales fluctuations arising from customer transitions to new products; seasonal fluctuations and uneven sales and purchasing patterns with our customers and suppliers; changes in the company's tax provisions or adverse outcomes resulting from examination of its income tax returns; international economic, currency, regulatory, political and other risks; facilities of the company and its suppliers and customers are located in areas subject to natural disasters; the ability to protect proprietary rights; the ability to satisfactorily resolve any infringement claims; a reduction in sales efforts by current distributors; declines in the market value of the company's marketable securities; changes in and compliance with regulations; difficulties in transitioning to smaller geometry process technologies; the use of "open source" software in the company's products; system security risks, data protection breaches and cyber-attacks; and the company’s ability to borrow under its credit agreement is subject to certain covenants.
More detailed information on these and additional factors that could affect the company's operating and financial results are described in the company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other reports filed, or to be filed, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company urges all interested parties to read these reports to gain a better understanding of the business and other risks that the company faces. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made only as of the date hereof, and the company does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
QLogic and the QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.
1 ESG, QLogic 2600 Series 16Gb Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapter with Brocade Fabric, August 2015
2 End-to-end SLA QoS requires all components in the SAN fabric to support CS_CTL based QoS